Thursday, September 16, 2010

Laughing is a good way to begin!

I"m really not sure which picture is funnier...

 Well my friends, this is my first-ever venture into the blog world!  As someone who is stubbornly stuck in the pre-cell phone, pre-facebook era, this should prove an interesting and, hopefully, entertaining endeavor.  Luddite-Laura enters the 21st century...
Mostly, I hope that this blog can help us keep in touch while I'm galavanting in far off places.  And, you all know how I dislike being at the center of attention, so don't make me a spectacle - keep the stories coming from your end too!  I'll be checking my email pretty regularly.

So, for all of you who have been asking, here are my whereabouts:
September 29: flying to Thailand!
October 4-Nov 14th: Mae Tao Clinic, Burmese/Thai border (http://maetaoclinic.org)
Nov 14-28: Travelling in the Chiang Mai area, returning to Muvikhi, the little Karen village where I lived five years ago...
Dec 1-Jan 1st: Travelling in India with MOM!!! We'll be yoga-ing, oogling, salivating, exploring and for sure giggling!

As for these two photos - confused?  which one is more confusing?  Yes, I am getting married to the lovely and wonderful Ben Laurie (June 2011), No, I won't be wearing a train.  No, I haven't grown a moustache.

How's that for a first post?
xoxoo

9 comments:

  1. Well done Laura
    Welcome to the wonderful world of virtual identity! you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura,
    Great to see some photos and hear word of your exploits! I already said this but I loved your proposal story! I'm really looking forward to your stories and posts...to get me through my commuting working man lifestyle...Have a wonderful time in the EAST! Miss you tons. Let me know if you need anyhelp with CaRMS!
    Muah
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps you look great with a mustache...just need to find you two some cowboy hats!
    muah!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura! This is fantastic! Your post was totally you - sweet and sincere. Have safe, happy travels, BF-MD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Laura.
    First off, hey, how are ya?! ITs been about a million years. Holy poodles, you're getting MARRIED?!?!?!? CONGRADULATIONS!! That's really grand, you two are very special people.
    Secondly, Im in Budapest right now, just starting my very own trip. Im here for 4 months, im travelling on bike with a guitar, I'll be wwoofing on a lot of farms, and MY blog is http://bikesareforhorses.wordpress.com. Ill be creeping your blog, feel free to creep mine.
    Thirdly, this is Tyler Walker. You met Dave and I in Labrador, and we're really cool.
    Glad to hear I can keep tabs on what you're up to now!

    Take care my friend, have fun.
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic beginning Laura! I will see you in India. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought my first cowboy hat a few weeks ago. You can borrow it any time you like. Sadly, I don't have two. So, here's to your first self publication literary venture and my first stereotypical Albertan hat venture. As you can imagine, I'm wearing my hat and taking it on and off: that's for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! This is awesome Laura. I'm so happy I can follow along, as you make this incredible journey across the ocean blue. I miss you dearly already!

    ReplyDelete